Aqualung Leg3nd ELITE Regulator Set
The Aqualung Leg3nd Elite Stage 4 Regulator Set includes the top-level Leg3nd Elite regulator with both inhalation and venturi controls, a matching Leg3nd Octopus, an Aqualung pressure gauge and a regulator bag to keep it all safe in.
The Leg3nd Elite uses the same high performance, cold water rated the first stage as the other standard and MBS versions of the Leg3nd. The over-balanced diaphragm design ensures exceptional performance as you dive deeper. Fitted with an Auto Closure Device (ACD) the first stage is protected from water and other contaminant ingresses when the regulator isn't pressurised on a cylinder. Heat exchanging fins form part of the protection against ice forming in extreme cold conditions and a combination of four low pressure and two high-pressure ports provide plenty of flexibility for hose configuration.
Where the Leg3nd Elite differs is the second stage. Whilst the housing remains essentially the same across the Leg3nd range, the Elite has individual diver controls for the inhalation effort and the venturi whereas the MBS version features a combined control and the standard version only gives control over the venturi.
The second stage features an oversized heat exchanger on the hose inlet for improved cold water performance, a modified front cover for better protection and comfort when diving in strong currents and a new quick-release mouthpiece clamp that allows tool-less changing of the mouthpiece.
- When the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve, the Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water.
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernising Aqualung's three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there's no moisture, there's no ice: The LEG3ND's integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new over-moulded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver's depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped DIN and YOKE screws made of a bi-material Soft Grip surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage especially with cold hands
- Specialised ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports provide optimal hose routing
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflow when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
- New over-moulded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a soft touch effect
- Overmoulded air purge
- The wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- Purge depth controller optimises airflow with minimal effort
- Patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- Detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent freezing of the second stage mechanism
- Air channel deflector
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
- Streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
We offer exchanges and returns within 30 days on most products that are returned in perfect and unused condition in original packaging, unless they are special order or produced specifically for you. For more details please consult our Returns Policy Returns Policy