mares heated vest Review
Mares XR Active Heating Vest Dry
Keep the upper part of your body warm on cold dives, especially in the back of kidney and chest area where needed the most.
The active heating vest is a great powered heat option for use under a drysuit. This vest has a small unobtrusive battery pack that is work underneath your suit.
What We Liked
- Keeps your core warm on cold water dives
- Small battery pack for use under suit
- Cost vs. external battery systems
- Lightweight, minimal effect on buoyancy
What We Disliked
- Limited battery duration
- Can't access controls mid dive
The Mares Active heating vest is a great entry level product for drysuit heating. It is easy to use and does not require rigging external batteries, valves, or wires. Very affordable compared to more comprehensive heating systems, the Mares heated vest is best suited for cold recreational diving.