FREE Online Courses at Home
Maybe you're already a diver and want to look at the next level, maybe you've never dived before and want to have a look at some of the online stuff. No problem, we're here to help.
1. If you've NOT done A RAID course yet, start with creating your RAID Account: (otherwise skip to step 2)
To start, you'll have to create an account in two simple steps:
- SELECT SCUBA OR FREE-DIVING SIGN UP ABOVE!
- Step 1: Provide your basic information such as; Name, Surname, Email address and a Password
- Step 2: Go to your email account, and verify your email address.
Once the account has been created you will have to choose your preferences such as; Country, Program and Dive Centre. (if you use our link above, you will be automatically allocated to Dive Life Manchester, you are free to change of course)
- Step 1: Go to drop down box and choose your Country (Example: United Kingdom)
- Step 2: You can either buy your own program directly online, and once you've completed it ask for the practical training, or you can buy it as a bundle from your Dive Centre, they would then allocate you the learning material and load it into your account.
- Step 3: Choose your Dive Centre (Example: Dive Life Manchester)
1a. Filling in your details
Now that you are logged in and properly registered it's time to put a cool picture of yourself on your profile, RAID is pretty open minded about what is allowed, but hats and sunglasses/masks are not allowed.
The picture you upload will be used for your online certification card, but don’t worry you can change the picture as many times as you like and it will also change the photo on your cert card.
1b. Further details
At this point you'll be asked to agree with 2 liability release documents, please ensure you read them properly and then tick the box stating you agree.
Next on our list, the medical form. This medical form is required to be in date every time a new program is opened on your account. If you get ill between programs, or during a program your Instructor will ask you to resubmit this form. If the form is older than 6 months you will also need to resubmit it. If one or more of the questions is answered with a YES a quick trip to the doctor is in order, your Instructor will give you a paper copy of the form that your GP can fill in. Please hand this form to your Instructor as he/she will have to upload it to the RAID system to allow you to continue with the course.
If you have a condition that would permanently give you a YES on a Medical form you might need it signed by your specialist, in which case give a copy to the Dive Centre or Instructor, and keep an original in your files at home.
2. Navigating the system
As soon as you log in, the main page will give you a list of courses you can preview, if you don't see what you wanted to look at in here, please let us know, any courses not listed we can open up for you to look at from our store admin panel.
On the right hand side of your RAID Portal there is a Mini Menu containing links such as; Profile, Online Store, Log Book... Your theory will be in My Current Courses.