The Suunto Vyper Novo dive computer is a robust, Nitrox-capable dive computer with optional air integration. Advanced features from Suunto open up new possibilities for divers wanting more out of their dives.
A digital compass and gas-switching options allow divers to explore deeper and more confidently.
This computer includes five modes which are Air, Nitrox, Free, Gauge and Off modes which allows you to easily switch between modes depending on your needs. You can switch between up to 3 gas switches (up to 99% oxygen).
The Suunto Vyper Novo includes four buttons which are located on the face of computer screen. These buttons are easy to locate and easy to press even with thick diving gloves on. Not only is this computer easy to navigate it also has a integrated 3D compass which is easy to read and is a tilt-compensated compass. This is a great feature on a dive computer as it can be used as a primary compass or as a backup compass.
- Five Modes - The Suunto Vyper Novo dive computer has 5 different modes which include Air, Nitrox, Free, Gauge and Off mode. With many modes available the Vyper Novo can be used on many different types of dives.
- Max Depth - This dive computer can be used for up to 80 meters which is over 250 feet down into the ocean, this is regardless of the diving environment.
- Integrated 3D Compass - The Vyper Novo has a matrix screen includes a animated compass which you can set bearings to help you navigate the dive site with ease.
- Optional Wireless Air Transmitter - To make this computer include wireless air integration there is a Suunto Transmitter with LED (sold separately) available. To use the wireless transmitter you simply attach the transmitter to your first stage which the tank pressure information will be sent to the computer to let you know how much air is left. The Vyper Novo will also use your breathing rate and depth and lets you know the amount of time left in minutes.
- Downloadable Dive Data - This computer comes with DM5 USB interface which allows the diver to download the dive data logbook on the computer to a PC or Mac. this includes 140 hours of logbook memory (20 second sample) and the dive profile is shown in graphical logs.
Who is the Suunto Vyper Novo Dive Computer for?
The Suunto Vyper Novo dive computer is perfect for advanced diver wanting a little more out of their dive computer. Multi-gas dives can be planned easily on the large backlit screen. A great computer for travelling divers as it weighs only 134g and can be worn like a watch on the wrist. With a built in compass this watch style computer is a multi functional dive watch which can even be upgraded to include wireless air integration.
Who is Suunto?
Suunto began producing the world's first wristwatch-style compasses in 1936 for the Finnish Military. In 1964 they introduced the SK-4, the world’s first Diving compass helping to revolutionise technical and sport diving. These days they’re industry leaders in Diving computers technology.