Our best-seller in the twinset range of products is the Halcyon Evolve full system which consists of wing, backplate, harness and all the hardware you need. The Evolve's full-circular design allows for precise control of in-water buoyancy and trim while essential horizontal trim is easily accomplished through the addition of lift at the base of the cylinders.
You can choose between the adjustable Cinch harness + hardware or the Halcyon standard 'DIR' harness and hardware. The backplate, harness, crotch strap (and cinch plate) will arrive fully assembled and require only to be mated with the wing after adjustments are made for size. The system is one-size-fits all and adjustable through the length of the webbing.
THE EVOLVE WING
Halcyon Dive Systems raised the standard for precision buoyancy control with the release of the landmark Evolve double cylinder wing system and continues to be market leader in innovation, design and durability.
The Evolve's circular (elliptic doughnut) design allows for precise control of in-water buoyancy and trim. Horizontal trim is easily accomplished through the addition of lift at the base of the cylinders.
Because the Evolve's buoyancy cell circles the tanks, the wing has a much more streamlined profile than any other doubles wing on the market. It doesn't matter if you are swimming or scootering, the Evolve's profile cuts through the water with less drag and greater efficiency.
HALCYON EVOLVE MC SYSTEM INCLUDES:
- Halcyon Evolve Wing (40lbs or 60lbs)
- 22" Inflator inflator hose
- Aluminum or Stainless Steel Backplate
- Complete Standard Harness; infinitely adjustable and designed to fit you perfectly
- Halcyon MC Storage Pack and bolts for backplate
- Crotch strap with rear and front D-ring
- All required stainless steel D-rings and retainers (both shoulders + LH waist)
- Corrugated hose and balanced power inflator
- Front facing Left Hand side dump valve
- Lifetime Warranty for the first owner on RF-welded seams
The EVOLVE System can be ordered with a custom wing colour of your choice. The custom wing upgrade also includes choice of webbing colour: Halcyon Blue, Yellow, Pink or Grey. Custom Wing Order Form.
HALCYON SECURE STANDARD HARNESS
The Halcyon Secure Harness provides an infinitely adjustable fit, eliminating the uncomfortable movement found in conventional jacket buoyancy compensators. This perfectly tailored fit means that divers of all sizes can enjoy a custom diving configuration that supports unparalleled stability and diving comfort. Moreover, this unique system is easily convertible, allowing one to adjust buoyancy or quickly switch from singles to doubles. Regardless of your future aspirations, this flexibility means your diving system can grow with you. From your first open-water dive to your 100th deep dive, Halcyon is with you all the way.
- Secure, continuous webbing provides a custom fit
- Pre-bent shoulder D-rings facilitate quick storage of accessories from Scout lights to stage bottles
- Complete adjustability of D-rings eliminates inappropriate attachment points.
- EPDM elastic bands help secure accessories
- Stainless Steel waist buckle
- Adjustable crotch strap enhances stability.
As with most Halcyon products, an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work is required to create a plate we are proud to sell. Halcyon backplates have been refined over the years to provide the highest-quality finish and materials available.
Small details like the unique bends near the bottom of the plate create an ergonomic curve, increasing diver comfort. Meanwhile the precise fabrication process ensures the quality you have come to expect from Halcyon.
Each Halcyon backplate is cut from the highest quality stainless steel or har-coated aluminium and sophisticated CNC machines mill every edge; this detailed process eliminates the sharp edges common with competitors™ plates.
When you use a Halcyon backplate you know its different from the others with machine polishing augmented by individual handwork that stands out, perfecting both form and function.
- Constructed from high-grade, polished Stainless Steel or hard-coat Aluminum
- Carefully milled surfaces eliminate sharp edges
- Utility holes allow mating with Storage Pak to stow a variety of lift devices or SMB
- Stainless Steel weight: 2.7kg
- Aluminum weight: 0.9kg
What backplate to use? While not set in stone, aluminium backplates are generally preferred by traveling or wet suit divers as they are lighter than their stainless steel counterparts. The popular backplate for dry suit diving is the stainless steel, where the additional weight is a benefit (spreading out the weight needed to compensate for buoyancy while taking it off the diver's waist). Both backplates are based on the same Halcyon design and are compatible with the Halcyon Cinch Adjustable Harness. Most UK divers who use dry suits prefer the SS backplate.